Skocjan UNESCO Caves and Piran full day tour (small group, max. 8)
What to expect
Embark on an exploration of Slovenia's wonders with a visit to the Škocjan Caves and the charming town of Piran. The Škocjan Caves, a World Heritage Site ( UNESCO ), are a majestic underground river gorge filled with colorful stalactites and stalagmites in various shapes, including curtains and limestone pools. Walking through the cave, you will be fascinated by the numerous waterfalls and underground halls that surround you.
The extraordinary volume of the underground canyon distinguishes Škocjan Caves from other caves and places and makes it one of the most famous underground sights in the world.
After exploring the Škocjan Caves, enjoy a drive to the picturesque coastal town of Piran. On the way, stop at Socerb Castle for breathtaking views of the Slovenian coast and the Gulf of Trieste. Once in Piran, you can take a walk through the narrow medieval streets wedged between beautiful houses, churches, and squares that will take you back in time to the Middle Ages. Piran is a tourist highlight on the Slovenian coast, strongly influenced by the old Venetian Republic. Take time to enjoy the sea breeze and admire the main square named after the famous violinist and composer Giuseppe Tartini.
The beauty of Piran is only surpassed by its delicious cuisine. Stroll through the small town and enjoy a coffee, cake, gelato, or fresh seafood. The perfect end to a perfect day.
We are sure you will enjoy the magical world of Škocjan Caves and the romantic town of Piran.
Know before you go
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and footwear are essential to visit the Škocjan caves (temperature in the cave is 12°C / 53 Fahrenheit).
- Not suitable for wheelchairs and strollers.
- Infants are not allowed to sit on laps (we can provide child seats upon request).
- No public transportation nearby
- A minimum number of participants applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In this case, we will offer you an alternative or a full refund.
- Central Ljubljana pickup point
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Admission options:
- Piran city wall: 2 € per person
- Škocjan caves: 16 € - 24 € per person
Why choose us?
We guarantee a unique and unforgettable experience no matter what type of tour you choose (small group up to 8 people or private tour).
We strive to create an environment where you can enjoy your day without the hustle and bustle, and our passionate and knowledgeable tour guides can devote time and attention to each of you.
Whether you're traveling with your family or as an individual, we want to allow you to immerse yourself in Slovenian culture and the country's beauty.
It's simple: "Pick & Book" for unforgettable memories in Slovenia and its surroundings.