Feel like a real explorer and travel with us to the heart of the Karst region and explore the Skocjan UNESCO caves, an underground marvel and the largest known underground canyon in the world.
What to expect
The beauty of the caves is enhanced by multi-coloured stalactites and stalagmites of various shapes including curtains and limestone pools. Walking through the cave you will enjoy many waterfalls and underground halls. In the afternoon part of the visit you will enjoy the scenic ride to the most charming town on the Slovenian coast – Piran. A walk through its narrow medieval streets wedged between beautiful houses, churches and squares will take you back to the medieval times. Take your time to enjoy the breeze that blows from the sea and to admire the main square named after a famous violinist and composer Giuseppe Tartini. You will certainly enjoy the small-town ideal to wander around for a coffee, cake, gelato or some good fresh seafood.
Visit the Unesco heritage listed Škocjan caves, a majestic underground river canyon, and let it take you to world of fantasy. The exceptional volume of the underground canyon is what distinguishes the Škocjan Caves from other caves and places and is easily placed among the most famous underground features in the world. In the afternoon enjoy a scenic ride towards the Slovenian coast. Stop at Socerb castle for breath-taking views of the Slovenian coast and the Gulf of Trieste. Once in Piran you will discover the most romantic and picturesque coastal town. Piran is a tourist highlight of the Slovenian coast, strongly influenced by the old Venetian Republic. The main square is named after Giuseppe Tartini, a famous violinist and a composer who was born in Piran.
Know before you go
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and footwear are essential to visit the Škocjan caves (temperature in the cave is 12°C / 53 Fahrenheit).
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs in the cave, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Central Ljubljana pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Škocjan caves: 16 € - 20 € per person
- Piran city wall: 2 € per person
In our scheduled day trips we specialize in small groups of 2-8 people, striving to create an environment in which our customers can really enjoy their day without any hassle or rush, and our passionate and knowledgable guides can dedicate their time and attention to each traveller. We aim to present all customers with the opportunity to really immerse themselves into Slovene culture and the beauty of the country. These trips are wonderful for small groups, families or individual travelers. We endeavor to cater to everyone’s needs and show that we genuinely care about the people who decide to travel with us.