What to expect
Visit two of Slovenia’s top attractions in one afternoon on this small-group, half-day tour from Ljubljana. Begin at Predjama Castle, perched on a cliff high above the beautiful Inner Carniola region. Explore the chambers and stairwells and learn about the castle’s most famous resident, Erazem of Predjama. Then, continue to Postojna Cave. Ride a mini-train deep into the famous cave and tour the ethereal network of stalactites, stalagmites and caverns with a local guide. Numbers limited to eight people, ensuring a personalized experience.
Postojna Cave is the best-known cave in the world. It is also the greatest tourist attraction in Slovenia and one of the world's largest Karst monuments and it is a must-see attraction when visiting Slovenia. You will start the tour with a unique and adventurous ride with a special train in one of the most diverse cave systems in the world, with 21 km of passages, galleries and magnificent halls, which offer an unparalleled experience of the underground world and a large diversity of underground animals – including the world-famous human fish (proteus anguinus). Beside Postojna Cave you will also have the chance to visit Predjama Castle. Our guide will show you this magnificent medieval castle perched high up in a vertical cliff in the idyllic village of Predjama. It is an interesting and romantic sight throughout the year: in the spring and summer its surroundings are abundant with blossoms and flowers, in the autumn it is clad in the colours of surrounding forests and it is at its most enchanting in the winter when the surrounding area is covered in snow.
Summer 13:30 Departure from Ljubljana 14:30 Arrival to Postojna Predjama castle Postojna cave 18:30 Arrival to Ljubljana Winter 8:30 Departure from Ljubljana 9:30 Arrival to Postojna Postojna cave Predjama castle 13:30 Arrival to Ljubljana
Know before you go
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Warm and comfortable clothes and footwear are essential to visit the Postojna cave (temperature in the cave is 9°C / 48 Fahrenheit).
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Predjama castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Central Ljubljana pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle combined ticket: 35 € per person
- Postojna cave only: 25 € per person
- Predjama castle only: 13 € per person