What to expect
Do you like lakes and unspoiled nature? If your answer is yes, then this is certainly a trip for you!
In a day trip you will explore the magical Alpine lakes of Bled and Bohinj and feel the mountainous charms of Slovenia’s Alpine region. A walk around Lake Bled and a ride with traditional “pletna” boat to little Bled Island is the perfect combination to see the beautiful nature and the city. You can admire and explore Bled Castle perched on a cliff above the lake and once on top enjoy a cup of coffee with the most famous dessert in Slovenia “Kremsnita” (vanilla cream cake) or try scrumptious "potica" nut cake. Be amazed by the beauty of Vintgar Gorge where a wooden path will take you along the picturesque gorge with the rushing river Radovna and vertical rocks. In Bohinj you will be surrounded by the high mountains reflecting in Bohinj lake and you will have the chance to explore and feel the relaxed life of small alpine villages such as Ribicev Laz and Ukanc.
This day trip takes you to Lake Bled, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Slovenia. Enjoy the marvellous views of the lake from Bled castle, one of Slovenia’s oldest castles, and from the traditional ‘pletna’ boat, which brings you to the picturesque island on Lake Bled. Not far from Bled is the Pokljuka plateau, covered in amazing forests that are a part of Triglav National Park which stretches all the way to Bohinj Lake, an absolute gem nested in the heart of the Julian Alps. Pokljuka is also famous for its Biathlon Centre, where some of our best athletes train in the winter time. Exploring Bohinj lake you will quickly see why the Slovenians call it the gem of the Julian Alps. The glacial lake Bohinj is considered the most beautiful place in Slovenia. It is the country’s center of eco- tourism and outdoor adventures. It is the largest and most beautiful Alpine lake in Slovenia. Being part of the Triglav national park, Bohinj will impress you with its natural beauty and its serene peacefulness and you will surely vow to return.
You will also visit Bled Vintgar Gorge, deeply carved into the limestone by the Radovna river, which you can follow on a 1.6 km path full of bridges and galleries that show you the truly remarkable landscape of the gorge.
Know before you go
- Guests are recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- In the summertime, it is recommended to bring a swimming costume and a towel.
- A current valid passport or EU ID.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Bled island and Bled castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Central Ljubljana or Bled pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Bled Castle: 13 € per person
- Pletna rowing boat ride to Bled island: 15 € per person
- Vintgar Gorge (summer season only): 10 € per person
- Savica waterfall: 3 € per person
In our scheduled day trips we specialize in small groups of 2-8 people, striving to create an environment in which our customers can really enjoy their day without any hassle or rush, and our passionate and knowledgable guides can dedicate their time and attention to each traveller. We aim to present all customers with the opportunity to really immerse themselves into Slovene culture and the beauty of the country. These trips are wonderful for small groups, families or individual travelers. We endeavor to cater to everyone’s needs and show that we genuinely care about the people who decide to travel with us.